Marshall Fire Colorado Heart

Dear FRCC Community, 

We start this new year with a heavy heart, knowing that some FRCC students and employees lost their homes in the fires in Superior and Louisville—and that others, whose homes were spared, are still evacuated or without heat. The scale of this destruction in the heart of one of the counties we serve is almost unimaginable.   

My heart goes out to all whose homes were lost. Homes are so much more than physical structures—they hold memories of important moments in our lives and are often the place where we express our creativity and dreams. These fires moved so fast that many people had to leave with almost no notice, without time to gather the personal treasures that their homes contained. 

As a college, we will do all that we can to support the members of our community who have been affected. The FRCC Foundation has established an emergency fund to support students and employees who were affected by the fire. If you (or anyone you know) need assistance because of the fires, please email Ryan McCoy, the foundation’s executive director (ryan.mccoy@frontrange.edu). 

Other key resources in our community include:  

Some of you have asked if you can make donations to support students and staff. If you would like to donate to the FRCC Foundation’s emergency fund, you can donate here.  

Below my signature is a list of other potential resources for anyone impacted by the fires. Please share with anyone who it may help. 

In these challenging times, I appreciate the supportive community that is FRCC and I thank all of you who have already reached out to your colleagues—or to me—to offer assistance. I wish everyone in our community the best in 2022. 

Sincerely, 

Andy 

Andrew Dorsey

Boulder County Fire Resources 

Immediate Aid: 

Temporary Housing: 

Financial Aid: 

Home and Property Damage Resources: 

Mutual Aid: 

Mental Health:  

Pets: