FRCC has a number of students who are also parents. We want to share some helpful resources with you, knowing that many of you are currently working—and learning—from home with your kids.
While everyone is adjusting to the “new normal” of COVID-19, parents are facing the added challenges and joys that come from having our child (or children) home with us all day. We’re suddenly getting some cherished extra time with our families that we always wanted more of when we were all leaving the house for work and school.
But many of us also have to find ways to navigate working from home—or online classes—with little ones who miss the attention and mental stimulation they were getting at school. Hopefully this list of resources and activities will help you and your family navigate some of this extra time and have a little fun!
YWCA Boulder County Parent Resource Weekly
Sign-up for this weekly email packed with really helpful information. It includes suggestions, links and information on:
- Health and wellness,
- Activities you can do with your kids,
- How to create a daily routine for your family,
- Activity videos from the Children’s Alley teaching staff.
(Hint: You can sign up for this email even if you don’t live in Boulder County.)
Search by Topic
The National Association for the Education of Young Children has ideas for pretty much everything, including:
- Behavior and Development
- Creative Arts
- Digital Media
- Nature and Outdoor Learning
- Science, Nutrition and Safety
- School Readiness
- National Association for the Education for Young Children
- Learning Math Concepts at Home
- At Home Science Experiments from Steve Spangler Science Lab
Free Read-Aloud Stories for Kids
Free Digital Children’s Books
Educational Screen Time
Helping Kids Deal with COVID-19
- How to Help Teens Shelter in Place
- Tips for Talking to Children about COVID-19 from the CDC
- Kids Health
- Article from the Colorado Sun about Easing Children’s Anxiety
Early Childhood Councils
- Early Childhood Partnership of Adams County
- Early Childhood Council Boulder County
- Early Childhood Council of Larimer County
Please see the FRCC website for all updates about the college’s response to COVID-19, available services, FAQs and more. More information and contact information for personal counseling and stress management through Front Range can be found here.
We’re all in this together. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to your advisors or faculty. For questions about additional resources for student-parents, please contact Maegan Vallejo at: Maegan.firstname.lastname@example.org.