college buildings with arrows

If you a student or potential student planning to transfer to a four-year college or university, we know you have questions. Here’s the great news: Many FRCC students intend to transfer and earn their bachelor’s degrees, so we make the process smooth and streamlined. Here are several frequently asked questions to guide you.

What is a statewide transfer agreement?

A statewide transfer agreement guarantees you can graduate from FRCC and transfer to a participating Colorado four-year school as a junior (view the list here). Then, you would complete 60 additional credits to earn a bachelor’s degree. Thanks to this agreement, you won’t have to retake successfully completed courses or earn additional credits to enter as a junior, unless you change your major or degree program.

So, can I take any 60 credits I want and transfer them all?

No. You will need to satisfy the general education requirements and earn a C or better in every class. Check out the specific classes you will need to take at FRCC. Here are the Associate of Arts requirements, the Associate of Science requirements, and the degree-specific requirements to transfer as a junior.

Is every FRCC degree a transfer degree?

No. If you want to transfer to earn your bachelor’s degree, you will need to pursue the Associate of Arts (A.A.) or Associate of Science (A.S.) degree. The Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) and Associated of General Studies (A.G.S.) degrees are not intended to transfer to bachelor’s degree programs, although certain courses might be accepted by the receiving institution.

If I know what I want to major in at a four-year, should I take certain classes toward that major?

Yes. It is important to talk with an advisor if you are planning on a specific field of study, as the curriculum will vary. We offer degrees with designation in many areas—from anthropology to mathematics. If you are looking to complete your first two years at FRCC and transfer to another institution as a junior in a specific field, you should make sure you follow that degree with designation pathway.

How do I know if FRCC classes transfer?

In the course catalog and in the class search in eWOLF, classes that are guaranteed to transfer have a “GT” designation. If they do not have a “GT,” they might still transfer, but you will need to check with the college or university to which you are transferring. That said, FRCC has partnered with several institutions for specific baccalaureate majors, and some of them are even outside of Colorado (e.g. the B.S. in HVAC/R Engineering Technology and Energy Management program at Ferris State University and the B.A., B.F.A. or B.S. programs at Bellevue University). Learn more here.

Transferring to a four-year college or university is commonplace at FRCC, and we are here to make it easy. If you have specific questions, contact an advisor, who can help you develop a plan and make sure you stay on track from semester to semester. Congratulations on the smart decision to begin your education at FRCC. You will save thousands and will build a solid educational foundation.

Related Posts