(This post was compiled using information from the City of Westminster’s Parks, Recreation and Libraries Department.)
This summer, the College Hill Library building is closed for a large-scale HVAC replacement project. Services are moving to the Rotunda at Front Range Community College (FRCC). This temporary location will operate from June 14 through August 14.
The temporary facility will still offer public computer use, a popular browsing collection for check out, story time and other programs for all ages.
The joint public-academic library is located at the west end of Front Range Community College’s Westminster Campus. It is run collaboratively by the City of Westminster and FRCC—and is open to everyone.
The FRCC Rotunda is located just east of the library—look for the flagpoles to find the entrance for the temporary location. See a map and more details here.
Public Library Services at the Rotunda
The public is welcome to visit for in-person library services starting June 14.
Library Hours at the FRCC Rotunda:
- Monday-Wednesday | 9 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Thursday-Friday | 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Saturday-Sunday | 1-5 p.m.
Holidays and Other Closures:
- Closed for Juneteenth | June 20
- Closed for Bike/MS event | June 26
- Closed for Independence Day | July 4
- Closed for move back to College Hill building | Aug. 15-21.
- Reopen for business at College Hill | Aug. 22
- Closed for Labor Day | Sept. 5
What’s Happening with the FRCC Library?
FRCC library staff have moved to the campus Computer Commons during the closure. The Computer Commons is located on the B level in room B-0514.
Students, faculty and staff are encouraged to come see them for assistance!
Hours: Monday-Friday | 10 am – 6 pm
Students, faculty and staff can return library materials to staff in the Computer Commons.
What About Other Student Services?
FRCC also has three important student resources that are normally stationed inside the college library. All three have moved into temporary spaces on the campus B level for the summer:
- The Academic Success Center — Room B-1409 | Monday – Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- The Writing Center — Room B-1408 | Monday – Thursday 11:00 am to 3:00 pm
- The Math Center — Room B-1506 | Monday, Wednesday and Thursday
How Long Will the Library Building Be Closed?
Until August 22
Where Can Community Patrons Go While the College Hill Library is Closed?
Irving Street Library
- 7392 Irving Street, Westminster, CO 80030
- Southeast corner of Irving Street and 74th Ave—approximately two blocks west of Federal Blvd and two blocks south of US 36 (also known as the Denver Boulder Turnpike).
- Phone: 303-658-2601
- Hours: Mon-Wed 9 a.m. – 8 p.m. | Thu-Fri 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. | Sat – Sun 1-5 p.m.
City Park Fitness Center Library Kiosk and Book Drop
- 10475 Sheridan Blvd., Westminster, 80031
- Phone: 303-460-9691
- Hours: Mon-Thu: 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. | Fri: 5 a.m. to 7 p.m. | Sat-Sun: 7 a.m – 6 p.m.
Questions? Please email Christine Pancoast with the City of Westminster: firstname.lastname@example.org.