News graphic

Michelle Medeiros, English and literature faculty at Front Range Community College’s Westminster Campus, is the college’s faculty of the year.

Michelle Medeiros

Michelle Medeiros

She was honored at a meeting of the State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education.

Teachers are learners themselves, and Medeiros is no exception. Medeiros, who has been at FRCC seven years, teaches composition, literature, and children’s literature courses. She also is an embedded instructor in English classes and a Phi Theta Kappa advisor. Phi Theta Kappa is the international honor society for community college students.

“I like to be with my students,” she says. “I enjoy being in the classroom because I like to learn. Every semester, my students teach me something new.”

Before joining FRCC, Medeiros taught for six years at East Los Angeles Community College. She has a bachelor’s in comparative literature from the University of Oregon and a master’s in comparative literature from Indiana University.

See all Press Releases.

About Front Range Community College

FRCC offers nearly 100 degree and certificate programs from locations in Boulder County, Larimer County, Westminster, and Brighton, and online. FRCC is a member of the Colorado Community College System.

About the Colorado Community College System

The Colorado Community College System (CCCS) is the state’s largest system of higher education, serving 137,000 students annually at 13 colleges and 39 locations across Colorado. Our open access mission ensures all Coloradans who aspire to enrich their lives have access to quality higher education opportunities. The System Office provides leadership, advocacy and support to the colleges under the direction of the State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education (SBCCOE).