It is never too early to start thinking about transferring. This timeline will guide you on actions you need to take along the way of earning your associate degree to help you have a smooth transition to your intended transfer institution.
What to do at 0-15 Credits:
- Meet with an academic advisor to help you determine which classes to take.
- Work with your campus’ career services office or counselor to explore career pathways that tie to your interests, skills and education.
- Start researching majors and degree options at four-year schools that interest you.
- Consult graduation requirements to ensure your classes will apply to your degree.
- Attend an on-campus transfer fair to get answers to your questions about various four-year schools. (See upcoming fairs below!)
What to do at 15 – 45 Credits:
- Continue to meet with an academic advisor to make sure you are meeting your degree requirements.
- Talk with an admissions representative/advisor from the school(s) you’re interested in transferring to confirm the transfer and course requirements.
- Verify your credits to make sure you’re on track to graduate on time.
- Visit four-year schools and gather information about the school, your major’s requirements and deadlines.
What to do at 46 – 60 Credits:
- Complete online applications for your intended transfer institution(s). Understand all applicable dates and deadlines!
- Order FRCC official transcripts to be sent to your four-year school(s).
- Ask faculty, employers, etc for letters of recommendation for your four-year school and/or scholarships.
- Complete a FAFSA and begin submitting scholarship applications.
- Apply to graduate from FRCC!
Upcoming Transfer Fairs
Where will you transfer to? Come to the transfer fairs to gather information from over 20 schools and compare them. Download this worksheet to help you compare your college choices.
Westminster Transfer Fair – Thursday, Sept. 29, 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., Rocky Mountain Room
Larimer Transfer Fair – Thursday, Oct. 2, 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., Longs Peak Student Center
Boulder County Campus – Tuesday, Oct. 4, 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., Student Commons
Students have the opportunity to discuss transfer planning and articulation. College representatives provide information about the application process, financial aid, as well as scholarships that are available.
Four Year Fridays at Westminster Campus
Take the opportunity to visit a four year school you might be interested in transferring to!
CU Denver/MSU- Oct. 21
CU Boulder Engineering- Oct. 28
CSU Transfer Fair is Thursday, September 29th from 11a-1p in the Longs Peak Student Center
CSU Admissions will be on campus to meet with students in our Student Success Center in Mount Antero about these topics:
- CSU Transfer Basics – Thursday, October 6, 1:30-3:00 p.m.
- Exploring CSU Majors – Wednesday, October 12, 1:00-2:30 p.m.
- How will my credits transfer to CSU? – Thursday, October 20, 9:00-10:00 a.m.
- CSU Transfer Application Workshop – Thursday, October 27, 9:00-10:00 a.m.
Boulder County Campus
One-on-one appointment days:
CSU: Tuesday, October 11
CU-Boulder: Thursday, October 13; Monday, October 24; Wednesday, November 2; Tuesday, November 15; Monday, November 28
MSU-Denver: Wednesday, October 26
UNC: Thursday, October 27; Thursday, November 17
See other events and activities coming up at: https://www.frontrange.edu/calendars-and-events