FRCC was recognized and thanked for its ongoing support of the NoCO Manufacturing Partnership on at NoCO’s bi-annual meeting, held at the New Belgium Brewing Company in Fort Collins.
Paul Harter, president of Auqa-Hot Heating Systems Inc. and president of the partnership’s board of directors, presented thank-you letters and plaques to FRCC President Andy Dorsey; Lynn Vosler, director of Workforce Solutions, and Becky Troyer, Workforce Solutions program assistant (in photo).
Kyle Pettine of Forney Industries also was recognized for his enthusiastic and ongoing support of the partnership.
Partnership Works to Create Jobs Pipeline in Manufacturing.
Since its beginning in September 2013, the NoCO Manufacturing Partnership has developed several avenues to encourage training and education of the local workforce to become interested in and prepared for manufacturing jobs – from entry-level through engineering and into management positions.
The partnership has brought awareness of opportunities by involving educational partners – school districts, FRCC, Colorado State University, and Aims Community College – and community partners – cities, chambers of commerce, economic development organizations, county workforce centers, the Colorado Department of Labor and Employment, and many others.
- Tours of manufacturing facilities by local high school and middle school students to show them real-world workers and manufacturing applications
- Tours of manufacturing facilities by other manufacturers to see best practices and encourage networking among businesses
- Exploring and defining the educational criteria needed to prepare students for jobs in manufacturing
Get Involved in the Exciting Future in Manufacturing.
Attend the NOCOM 2016 Trade Show – coming April 28, 2016, at The Ranch in Loveland.
- Meet manufacturing employers – ask about internship and job opportunities
- Bring your résumé
- See cool exhibits about manufacturing
- Meet women in manufacturing and hear their stories
- Discounted registration for students and for those who pre-register
Check out the NoCO Manufacturing Partnership and get involved at www.nocomfg.com.