July 21, 2014
CC-for-me

Is Community College Right for You?

For the past 7 years, I have been giving presentations about community colleges to prospective students. During this time, I have heard many people say that community colleges are not for them, only to be surprised that they are a great fit! I’ve found that many stereotypes of community colleges exist (I held many myself before I started working here) so I’ve enjoyed my role of trying to dispel them each time I have a chance.

Perhaps you are someone who is unsure if the community college might be a good fit for you. Take my quick (and unscientific) quiz and see for yourself!

Answer true or false for each statement:

There are many people, including myself, that would love to talk with you to see if a community college is a good fit for you. If you have questions, please feel free to contact me. Or, if you’ve attended or are currently attending a community college, let me know why it was a great fit for you.

About the author:

Hannah Brown is an Outreach and Recruitment Specialist at Front Range Community College. She is also the proud, new mother of the cutest little boy ever (totally unbiased of course)!