Learn Web Developer Skills in Web Development ‘Boot Camp’ at FRCC
Front Range Community College is taking applications for WebLab, a 12-week web development “boot camp.”
The web development classes are scheduled to start June 9 at FRCC’s Prospect Center, 1501 Academy Court in Fort Collins. Classes will run from 5 to 9 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays and 9 a.m. to noon Saturdays. The Saturday classes are conducted virtually. The application deadline is May 9.
FRCC developed the boot camp in partnership with web development companies and professionals in Colorado.
“The demand for web developers in Colorado is very high,” said Kathy Dotson, project manager at FRCC. “The job and internship placement rate of the previous class of graduates was 87 percent.”
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts employment for web developers will grow 20 percent between 2012 and 2022, which is faster than average for all occupations. The median salary for the job classification was $65,200 per year in May 2012, the latest report.
The project is funded through a Department of Labor H1B Grant which allows a reduced tuition rate of $1,550. There are some scholarships available to offset this cost for students. Find information at www.frontrange.edu/weblab.
FRCC’s partners are WebApper, Markit On Demand, Pivotal Labs, Data Splice, Choice City WebWorks, Code Geek, and New Century Software.
- Webapper of Fort Collins but with offices in six states, France, and New Zealand, provides technology and services to customers with significant investments in, or need for, web applications.
- Markit On Demand, with more than 400 employees situated in Boulder, presents financial content and data for clients in financial services, media and health care.
- Pivotal Labs, which is headquartered in San Francisco and has offices in Boulder and Denver, is a full-service application development company.
- DataSplice, headquartered in Fort Collins, specializes in mobile computing systems that integrate with enterprise solutions such as IBM Maximo. Its customers include public utilities, manufacturers, and oil refineries.
- Choice City WebWorks of Fort Collins programs for custom web design.
- Code Geek of Fort Collins also programs for custom web design.
- New Century Software of Fort Collins provides pipeline GIS solutions for the oil and gas industry.
For more information, go to www.frontrange.edu/weblab or contact Dotson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Front Range Community College
FRCC is a member of the Colorado Community College System, the state’s largest system of higher education. CCCS serves more than 162,000 students annually. The system oversees career and academic programs in the 13 state community colleges and career and technical programs in more than 160 school districts and six other post-secondary institutions.