Learn Web Developer Skills in Web Development ‘Boot Camp’ at FRCC
Front Range Community College is taking applications for WebLab, a 12-week web development “boot camp.”
The web development classes are scheduled to start March 3 at FRCC’s Boulder County Campus, 2121 Miller Drive, Longmont. Classes will run from 6 to 10 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays with some possible Saturday morning sessions
The application deadline is Feb. 7.
FRCC developed the boot camp in partnership with several web development companies and professionals in Colorado.
The project is funded through a Department of Labor H1B Grant which allows a reduced tuition rate of $1,550 for the first 120 students. There are some scholarships available to offset this cost for students. Find information at www.frontrange.edu/weblab.
“The demand for web developers in Colorado is very high,” said Kathy Dotson, project manager at FRCC. “Graduates will be able to apply immediately the web development skills obtained.”
The Colorado Department of Labor and Employment predicts 350 job openings per year in Colorado between 2013 and 2020 for the job classification of information security analysts, web developers, and computer network architects. The median salary for the job classification is $65,200 per year.
FRCC’s partners are WebApper, Markit On Demand, Pivotal Labs, Data Splice, Choice City WebWorks, Code Geek, and New Century Software.
- Webapper of Fort Collins but with offices in six states, France, and New Zealand, provides technology and services to customers with significant investments in, or need for, web applications.
- Markit On Demand, with more than 400 employees situated in Boulder, presents financial content and data for clients in financial services, media and health care.
- Pivotal Labs, which is headquartered in San Francisco and has offices in Boulder and Denver, is a full-service application development company.
- DataSplice, headquartered in Fort Collins, specializes in mobile computing systems that integrate with enterprise solutions such as IBM Maximo. Its customers include public utilities, manufacturers, and oil refineries.
- Choice City WebWorks of Fort Collins programs for custom web design.
- Code Geek of Fort Collins also programs for custom web design.
- New Century Software of Fort Collins provides pipeline GIS solutions for the oil and gas industry.
For more information, go to www.frontrange.edu/weblab or contact Dotson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Front Range Community College
FRCC is a member of the Colorado Community College System, the state’s largest system of higher education. CCCS serves more than 162,000 students annually. The system oversees career and academic programs in the 13 state community colleges and career and technical programs in more than 160 school districts and six other post-secondary institutions.