SBDCs at Front Range Community College a Resource for Flood Relief
Colorado’s Small Business Development Centers (SBDCs), including ones associated with Front Range Community College, are working on flood relief.
Business Recovery Centers are planned for more than a dozen cities in the flood zone, including:
- Twin Peaks Mall (use the NE entrance near United Artist Cinema), 1250 S. Hover Road, Longmont. Mondays through Fridays, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturdays, 9 a.m.to 1 p.m. Opens Monday, Sept. 23.
- Former HP building at 815 14th St. SW, Loveland. Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Opens Monday, Sept. 23.
- Stanley Hotel, 333 E. Wonderview Ave., Estes Park. Mondays through Fridays, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.. Saturdays, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Opens Monday, Sept. 23.
- Greeley Chamber of Commerce Conference Room, 902 Seventh Ave., Greeley. Thursdays and Fridays, 9 a.m
The centers will offer free consulting and assistance to businesses affected by the recent floods, both physically and economically. SBDC and federal Small Business Administration (SBA) disaster staff will be on site to assist business owners in applying for low-interest federal disaster loans where available.
Local SBDC offices are also providing free assistance to those affected with disaster loan packaging, insurance evaluation, loss estimations, and more.
“People may not know that the SBA disaster relief program extends low-interest loans for homes and personal property as well as small business,” said Glenn Plagens, senior director of FRCC’s SBDCs. “It is important to note that loan applications for physical damage to your home, personal property, or business must be received within 60 days of the event (Nov. 14, 2013) in the declared disaster area. Economic injury loan applications must be received within nine months (June 16, 2014).”
Details can be found at www.coloradosbdc.org/consulting/disaster-relief.
- Brighton: Brighton Economic Development Corporation, 1850 E. Egbert, Suite 140. Phone: 303-655-2150. Open 2 to 5 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays. Other appointment times can be arranged.
- Broomfield: Broomfield Business Resource Center, 2095 W. Sixth Ave., Suite 109. Phone: 303-466-1775, ext. 6.
- Commerce City: Derby Resource Center, 7270 Monaco St. Phone: 303-289-3688
- Estes Park: Estes Valley Library, 335 E. Elkhorn. Phone: 970-586-8116
- Fort Collins: Key Bank Building, 125 S. Howes St., Suite 150. Phone: 970-498-9295.
- Westminster: FRCC, 3645 W. 112th Ave. Phone: 303-460-1032.
FRCC’s website also contains a resource list, including links to the Federal Emergency Management Agency, the Colorado Office of Emergency Management, and county and city agencies.
About Front Range Community College
FRCC is a member of the Colorado Community College System, the state’s largest system of higher education. CCCS serves more than 162,000 students annually. The system oversees career and academic programs in the 13 state community colleges and career and technical programs in more than 160 school districts and six other post-secondary institutions.