First Friday: Artists to demonstrate papermaking, Ikebana floral arranging
The art of papermaking and the delicacy of Ikebana floral arranging will be demonstrated from 6 to 9 p.m. Sept. 2 at the Community’s Studio at the Fort Collins Museum of Art during the First Friday Art Walk in downtown Fort Collins.
Art instructors at Front Range Community College teach a variety of classes at the Community’s Studio, which is a partnership between FRCC and the museum. Georgia Rowswell, a papermaker, and Sharon Stuart, a Sensei, will demonstrate two of the classes offered this fall.
Offerings this fall:
- Beginning Metal Jewelry Making
- Intermediate Jewelry Making
- The Art of Ikebana Flower Design
- Middle School Mixed Media
- Pleine Aire in the Plaza
- Jazz Icons Past and Present
- Creating Boxes, Creating Art
- Open Studio
- Papermaking: From Plants to Paper to Art
- Brown Bag Portfolio Workshop
- In Depth: The James Dicke Collection
The Fort Collins Museum of Art is located at 201 S. College Ave., Fort Collins.